If I create from the heart, nearly everything works,
if from the head, almost nothing.
– Marc Chagall
An epidemic has washed upon our shores. This epidemic stems from the highly polluted food chain that now exists in America. And profit driven pollution of our food results in the debilitating and deadly disease of Diabetes.
It is, however, preventable and treatable. From CommonSenseHealth.Com we find out “How to Avoid Diabetes and Reverse Diabetes Type 2” – How do you reverse diabetes naturally? Click here to read article.
The problem is no one’s allowed to tell you that you can usually avoid diabetes and sometimes even reverse diabetes naturally.
Many studies clearly show that avoiding diabetes and actually even reversing early type 2 diabetes is possible. And learning how to avoid diabetes and reverse diabetes naturally is vitally important.
We’re clearly in the midst of a serious type 2 diabetes epidemic.
Over 24 million Americans and 300 million people worldwide have type 2 diabetes. And the complications of diabetes are down right scary.
Leg and foot amputations,
And a high heart disease risk.
Avoiding Diabetes or Reversing Diabetes in Seven Steps
What was once called adult-onset diabetes is now showing up in many more adults and an ever-growing number of teens and children.
But the great news is that learning how to avoid diabetes type 2 and even reverse diabetes is simple. But it takes strong commitment and persistence to make the lifestyle changes that reduce the risk for diabetes.
With the seven simple steps below, you can reduce your chance, and that of your child, of diabetes complications, heart disease and some cancers.
1. Make exercise a priority. Working your muscles with regular physical activity greatly improves circulation and your ability to use insulin and absorb glucose. Studies show that just taking a brisk half-hour walk every day reduces your risk of developing type 2 diabetes by 30%. And adding more physical activity during the day reduces your diabetes risk even more.
2. Maintain a healthy weight. Being overweight is the major cause of type 2 diabetes. It increases your risk by seven times. Obesity makes you 20 to 40 times more likely to develop diabetes than someone at a healthy weight. But, if you’re overweight, losing just 7% to 10% of your current weight can cut your chance of developing diabetes in half. Healthy permanent weight loss is the best thing you can do to decrease your diabetes risk.
3. Eliminate refined carbohydrates. Sugar, sugary soft drinks, fruit drinks and fruit juice, white bread, white rice, white pasta and other refined carbohydrates cause a fast and furious rise in blood sugar. Eating these high glycemic foods greatly increases your risk of developing diabetes.
4. Focus on plant foods. A diet high in fiber foods, such as colorful vegetables, beans, fresh fruits and 100% whole grains lowers your risk of diabetes and helps keep your appetite and calories under control.
5. Choose healthy fats. The fats you eat affect your diabetes risk one way or another, so it’s important to learn bad fat good fat differences. Fats found in omega 3 fish, such as salmon and tuna, raw nuts, seeds, whole grains and olive oil help to lower your risk of diabetes and heart disease. Whereas trans fats do just the opposite by contributing to diabetes.
6. If you smoke, quit. Diabetes is just one of the many smoking health risks on the long list of health problems caused by tobacco use. Smokers are at least 50% more likely to develop diabetes than nonsmokers.
7. Manage blood pressure and cholesterol. Diabetes, high cholesterol and high blood pressure all damage blood vessels. And when they team up together, they increase your risk for heart attack, stroke and other deadly conditions. But if you exercise regularly, eat for great health and manage your weight, you can lower blood pressure and cholesterol naturally.
And learn all the symptoms of diabetes type 2 and insulin resistance.
Although following these steps for avoiding diabetes type 2 and reversing diabetes naturally takes commitment, focus and persistence, type 2 diabetes and the complications of diabetes are highly preventable.
Reverse type 1 diabetes with a RAW FOOD diet
(NaturalNews) click here for article. Is it possible to reverse type 1 diabetes (T1D, previously known as insulin-dependent diabetes or IDDM) simply by enjoying a raw food diet? According to Dr. Kirt Tyson, a naturopathic doctor who practices in Arizona, eating a diet that primarily consists of raw foods can dramatically reduce blood sugar levels in type 1 diabetics, perhaps even stopping their insulin dependency.
How one doctor stopped his insulin dependence
Dr. Tyson speaks from experience. A former self-proclaimed fast food junkie and a type 1 diabetic himself, he now believes in the amazing power of eating raw.
During an interview with Robyn Openshaw, also known as Green Smoothie Girl and author of “12 Steps to Whole Foods,” he revealed that, prior to starting a raw food diet, his blood sugar level was extremely high (diabetic ketoacidosis) at around 300 mg/dL. Anything above 240 mg/dL is cause for concern.
However, within 2-3 weeks of eating raw foods – nuts, seeds and vegetables with no dairy, meat or fruits – he checked his blood sugar again. The unbelievable result? His blood sugar level dropped to an acceptable, safe range: 76 mg/dL. Today, he says he only needs insulin if he becomes sick (which causes blood sugar levels to rise).
Raw foods: what’s best for diabetics?
The American Diabetes Association’s website lists top super foods for diabetics. Among them are nuts and seeds such as walnuts and flax, as well as vegetables – the darker and leafier, the better. These suggestions align with the raw food diet lifestyle that worked for Dr. Tyson.
Other diabetics following a raw food diet often share their food suggestions in forums. Some of their preferences include:
– Chia Seeds
– Hemp Seeds
– Fenugreek leaves
– Dandelion leaves
According to the World Health Organization, approximately 20 million people worldwide have T1D.
Sources for this article include:
Learn more: at http://www.naturalnews.com
FRIDAY TRIP INFO.
On Friday, March 21, We will meet at 11:00 a.m. for lunch at McKinley’s Fine Bakery and Cafe, 1616 S. University Drive (817-332-3242) and then attend the 24th Annual Texas Indian Festival/Market and Southwest Showcase at the Arlington Convention Center.
The Show Hours on March 21 are from 1 PM to 7 PM. The Admission Price for Adults is $12.00, Children (under 13) are Free.
Pickup is at the Arlington Convention Center at 4:30 p.m. or at the school at approximately 5:00 p.m. Please be patient – sometimes traffic delays us.
A single admission is good for the entire weekend. Admission price includes all shows, performances and demonstrations for all three days.
Location: The “Arlington Convention Center” which is very easy to find adjacent to I-30 and directly beside “Six flags over Texas” and “The Ball Park in Arlington” at 1200 Ballpark Way (817-459-5000). Parking is directly beside the show building and is $5.00.
We plan to attend these Main Stage performances on Friday:
2:30 – 3:00 p.m. – Ehecatl Aztec Dancers
3:00 – 3:30 p.m. – Shelley Morningsong
3:30 – 3:50 p.m. – Gathering of the People
3:50 – 4:20 p.m. – Splash!Animals
The Ehecatl Aztec Dancers offer a visually spectacular mystical dance group with Thunderous rhythms, unique sounds, dazzling costumes, mystical dances and high energy performances. This act is a favorite at every festival! Standing room only crowds are always thrilled and mystified by the sights and sounds of this phenomenal act at every performance! Dr. A may paint his face and try to act normal, whatever that is. Just humor him and please step over his body if he is napping.
The Morningsong Band & Zuni Dancers. This Native American songbird is an award winning performer and recording artist that brings a strong element of native spirituality and tradition woven with contemporary music to moving performances. From soul stirring music..to the wonderful dances of the Zuni people, this amazing act is promised to spellbound!
Brings Plenty will present A Gathering of the People – an enchanting experience as Mo Brings Plenty presents amazing, spellbinding and truly soul stirring “gathering” performances of the people. After seeing this act, we will be touched.
Splash! Animals is an award-winning conservation focused live art experience that combines art, music, choreography and features endangered species. The show always begins with a blank canvas and in less than 10 minutes, the speed painting performing artists produce beautiful portraits of endangered animals for our delight and amazement!
Everyone, including parents, friends and neighbors, are invited to join us this (and every) Friday for an unusual and breathtaking experience. Again, We will meet at 11:00 a.m. for lunch at McKinley’s Fine Bakery and Cafe, 1616 S. University Drive (817-332-3242). From there we will caravan to the Arlington Convention Center. Bring your feathers and face paint! Dr. A may not be recognizable.